31 Things You Should Know About Me.
I want to thank all of you who have been following this journey of mine since Day 1! Time is flying, and as the word spreads we're acquiring some new friends along the way. I wanted to switch things up, and try something creative and different from my usual posts. I've been making videos, updating my status, putting up motivational quotes and writing blog posts for well over a year now, but there's still so much you don't know about me. I hope this helps give you a closer look at the man behind Absolute Power (which is still me by the way, someone else didn't write that).
31. I didn’t drink a cup of coffee until after my 30th birthday.
30. I’ve watched all 10 seasons of Friends…in order, and loved it. (Thank you Netflix)
29. My favorite cookie on the planet is Girl Scout Thin Mints.
28. The first sport I ever fell in love with was hockey. (Growing up I had a lot of early practices and my dad still tells stories about how he never had to ask me twice to get out of bed whether it was 5 or 6AM)
27. The first movie I ever saw in theaters was The Land Before Time. (1988, I would’ve been 2 and a 1/2)
26. My first concert, reluctantly, was Jimmy Buffett. (My parents couldn’t find a baby sitter and took me anyway, while I was sick!)
25. At a young age I tried convincing my mom to let me to go Clown School! (Shockingly, I ended up not going but did the next best thing and become the class clown)
24. From a very young age I have always been the one to say the prayers during the holidays or other family gatherings. (Regardless of how long, or what I pray for I always end up making my mom cry)
23. In 3rd grade during my first ever basketball game I was on defense and stole the ball. I got all the way down the court, shot my layup, and scored my first 2 points….it just didn’t count, however, since I forgot to dribble.
22. I was 5’2” and weighed 95 lbs. as a freshman in high school. (When I graduated I was 5’11” 175 lbs.)
21. I ran my fastest mile ever at 16 years old, my time was 5:42.
20. When I was in high school I had cornrows and eventually got my first tattoo a few days before my 18th birthday. (I wanted to be Allen Iverson so bad)
19. When I was 3 or 4 I asked my mom, "When do you think I'll be old enough to drive myself to preschool?"
18. The most points I ever scored in a high school basketball game was 29.
17. I’ve dislocated my elbow, broke my fibula, tore ligaments in my ankle and hand, hyperextended my knee, and tore my ACL playing different sports. (It sucked, but I would never go back and choose not to play)
16. I am ashamed to admit this, but I am slightly (my word, not my family's) obsessed with my beard and hair. (It just bothers me so much when they aren’t perfect and look messed up or out of place)
15. If I could drop everything and do anything, I would be a rapper! (Drake is by far my favorite artist)
14. I love writing, reading, and listening to podcasts and audiobooks. (Currently, I am writing a book that I hope to publish early 2018)
13. I hate farting in front of people! (Ask my close friends and family, I won’t do it)
12. I hate boxers. I’ve been a briefs kind-of-guy since I was in middle school. (And now you know! Lol)
11. I’m a mommas boy. (If you couldn’t tell already)
10. As a direct result of my mother, I have the biggest sweet tooth ever. (When you're at a birthday party and don’t want all the icing on your cake, I’m usually the guy you would find and give it too!)
9. I cry pretty much anytime I watch an ESPN special where someone overcame a tragedy, or is seeing their deployed parent for the first time in years.
8. I embrace being weird and random, and love doing impressions of people and different accents.
7. I take a lot of pride in my appearance. I love clothes, and I enjoying looking good and feeling good. (I was voted Most Athletic in high school, but to be honest I wanted to be Best Dressed, now it seems everywhere I go I’m still trying to win that award)
6. Picking a favorite movie is hard, but if I had to it would be E.T. The Extra-Terrestial with D2: The Mighty Ducks in a very close second.
5. I will never harm a lady bug. (When my grandmother (mom’s side) passed away, my mom and I started seeing lady bugs appear when we were having a tough day. We said it was “Squeege” (her nickname) trying to lift our spirits. Ever since then we absolutely love when they come around. One actually visited me early on in my relationship with Katelynn, I knew what my grandma was telling me!)
4. As much as I love my dog, Remy, I have not always been a dog-lover. In fact, I hated them growing up. (My aunt tells a story of when one wandered in my garage, I was screaming so loud apparently that she thought a lion escaped the zoo!)
3. My nickname from my parents is Bean. They said when I was born it looked like I had a beanhead! (To this day they still leave me messages like, “Hey Bean, it’s your mom!")
2. Family is everything to me, especially my daughter and my fiancé, which I’m still getting used to saying. I can’t imagine where I would be without them.
1. I am very proud to be bi-racial, or mixed as most people call it. (I love the little things in life that are just like me: black and white TVs, Oreos, or my black and white cat. If you don’t believe me, check out this music video I made: Black/White)
Thanks for reading. If you'd like, please comment below and let me know your thoughts. Or if you know me pretty well, send something that you think could've been added to the list!